Monday, December 22, 2008

Noah has pnuemonia

So... we have had a very eventful weekend. Thursday night around 3:00 in the morning Noah opened our bedroom door and walked in. I nudged Greg (ever so gently) to get up and put Noah back in his bed. Well, when he picked him up he told me that Noah was burning up. We took his temperature and much to our dismay it was 104.00 F! Let me just say that anytime I see a temperature go that high I literally panic. You should all know that when Noah was a year old he had a six minute long seizure from a temp. that was 104.00 F. We immediately tried to cool him off in the bath tub and of course gave him Motrin. I can't tell you how much he hates it when we put him in the bath tub with that high of a temp.! At some point I was shaking so hard that Greg said to me "Look, I can't take care of both of you at the same time!" My poor husband...
Well we have spent the last 4 nights fighting off this 104.00 temperature. I had taken Noah to see his pediatrician on Friday who tested him for strep and then decided it was probably just a virus. Sometime in the middle of the night Saturday I had had enough. We were rotating Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours and nothing was happening. His temp. was still 104.00 F and he was refusing to eat or drink. So we packed up and went to Children's Hospital. Probably not my wisest decision! Anyone that's a mother knows though that in the middle of the night, everything seems worse! After sitting in the waiting room for 3 1/2 hours we finally gave up. Noah's fever had come down some and we weren't going to be seen for quite some time. We left with hopes that we could get an after hours appointment the next day at Pediatrics East.
So yesterday we went to Ped's East and within an hour poor Noah had had a blood test, chest X-ray, and Flu test. I was so grateful to find a doctor who finally understood how sick my child was. Immediately following his chest x-ray she told us he had pneumonia. He got a shot and was sent home with antibiotics. I never thought I'd be so happy to see a prescription written!
We are having a nice day today at home. I can already see progress after the shot he was given. We are playing in our pajamas and just having Mommy, Noah time. I guess I should savor this before his brother arrives! Now I am just praying he is well enough to travel to Fayette to spend Christmas Eve with all my family (minus Rob and Kimi and the boys who will be greatly missed!)
Merry Christmas to all my friends. I hope you are happy and HEALTHY celebrating the birth of our SAVIOR!

No comments: