Monday, April 4, 2011

Signs of Spring

My Gerbers... The beautiful Camellia bush by my front walk. I've been cutting blossoms off of it for a month now to go on my dining room table.
This is the window box Greg attached to Noah's playhouse. Noah planted Marigold seeds in it. You can see the seedlings are starting to pop up. He is so proud.
Our rose garden. Greg has always loved growing roses. When we were dating in college he would cut roses off his parents bushes and bring them to me. Now we have our own.
These are Scallions I planted from seeds a few weeks ago. They are starting to sprout!!
Squash seedlings...

The collard and Cabbage Garden. I'm more than a little ready for these plants to mature.
Noah's strawberry plants. My boys are like Bears. They can consume quarts and quarts of berries in one sitting, and they like them all. We have also planted three blueberry bushes. (You need to plant more than one type for cross-pollination value.) And a blackberry bush.
We have a tomato and pepper garden as well, and I'm patiently waiting to see my Okra seedlings (fingers crossed!!)

Oh!! I can't leave out my herb garden!! I am growing... Cilantro (my fav!) Basil, Parsley, Rosemary and Thyme. Herbs make everything better. The End.

P.S. I love Spring!! Can you tell?

No comments: