Monday, March 21, 2011

Treasures...

Greg's parents have taken on the monumental task of cleaning up and selling Greg's grandparent's house. In the process I have gained some treasures! I want to blog more about the extraordinary lady these treasures belonged to but first I feel that these beauties deserve their own post....

These were Granny's. She loved her costume jewelry just as much as me!!!!


Aren't these red ones lovely?!!


Yellow anyone?? I LOVE yellow. I used to have a yellow Volkswagen Beetle. I still miss it everyday of my life....



Aqua...


Color, Color. I can't get enough of it!!! I have absolutely NO black in my closet. In fact, I'm putting in my request now, please... I plea with you, when I die DO NOT WEAR BLACK. I will haunt you forever. Just kidding. I'm sure I'll be way to preoccupied with those Pearly gates and praising my Creator and stuff. Seriously though, NO BLACK.



Speaking of Pearls.

Check these out. Granny made them! They Fascinate me.




This one is so interesting.It's pretty much my favorite. I think.



Oh but I forgot about this. If this is not Beth Williams I don't know what is...


There were several broaches. All lovely. I plan on making them into hair clips.

Does anyone besides me wear Aprons? I LOVE them. I think Granny made this. It's so fun! It inspires me to make her famous Mac n Cheese... or maybe deviled eggs with bacon. My husband can eat a dozen in one sitting.



I love my new treasures. They add history and charm to my daily life. Two of my favorite things!!

No comments: