Thursday, March 19, 2009

Potty Training and Nesting... Is this a good combination?

I have officially begun Nesting! At almost 36 weeks pregnant I am in full-swing preparing our house for a new baby! We have lived in our house almost five years now, (very hard to believe!) When we bought the house it had terrible builder grade carpet in it. Apparently this carpet is only made to last about a year. Five years, one rambunctious toddler, a cat and a dog later our carpet had to come up! I had reached my limit! We are now in the process of having hard woods laid throughout the living areas of the house... living room, kitchen, foyer, dining room and hallway. We are also replacing all the carpet in the bedrooms. You can not imagine how elated I am!!! The build up for this process was AMAZING! You would not believe the adrenaline rush it created in this very large, pregnant momma! I cleaned every baseboard, mopped and scrubbed all the floors vacuumed behind and under things that hadn't been touched in years! I also cleaned out COMPLETELY the fridge and freezer, the pantry and with the help of my mom reorganized the linen closet. Was all of this necessary? Oh... COMPLETELY!! If it had not been done I honestly believe I would have lost my sanity... or maybe I already have! :-) Nesting is a very strange phenomenon, but I think I love it!
We are now living at my parents house while the flooring is being put in. It has been wonderful, very convenient. My dad has been quite the host! (My mom is out of town taking care of my grandmother who just had shoulder surgery.) Hopefully by Friday night we will be back in our CLEAN, newly remodeled home!
I don't think I have mentioned in my blog yet that Noah is potty training. Oh what fun! Who knew this would be such a long process! For weeks we have consistently been taking him to the potty. I would still not consider him potty trained. He is not such a good pooper and would much rather hide somewhere and surprise you with a dirty pull-up than go in the potty. I am trying very hard to be patient with this process. I honestly am just happy we've made the progress we have made before little Cade arrives. It would be very nice not to have to worry about two in diapers!

No comments: